At Prime Equine, we are proud to offer"Boutique Boarding"
What is Boutique Boarding?
We offer big-barn amenities, with a homegrown atmosphere. Our goal is to give your horse a home that mimics how you would keep horses if they were in your own backyard! Horses are kept in small mixed herds, with 24/7 access to 30+ acre pastures. They have shelter, trees, room to roam and converse with each other in their herd, and the horses in other pastures.
- Exceptional quality hay with annual forage analysis provided to all boarders.
- Insulated barn with radiant heat & 5 stalls, 2 tie stalls, water, feed room, blanket racks & tack room.
- Heated shop with fridge & storage space
- Trailer parking
- Hay shed for squares storage (if needed)
- Equine First Aid Responder on-site
- New horses are always introduced to the herds via a 7-14 day stay in our "introduction pens." Where they get to know both the main herds via a safe, sturdy 5' rail fence. We have a very specific way of introducing new horses to each other, which you can find details on in our blog!
- Coming spring 2022: new 110x220 outdoor arena to complement our existing 65x165 outdoor arena with sand footing. The smaller arena will then be permanently set with jumps, obstacles, barrels, bridges for training
- 9-acre field used for winter riding or cross-training
- Miles of quiet roadside access for trail riding, & multiple pre-plant and post-harvest fields to enjoy
- We are located within 15 minutes from:
Grasswood Horse Park,
Prairieland Ag Centre,
Wruck Riding Centre
+ many other private stables & places to ride.
Extra Services (additional fees apply):
- Exercise programs available on our 60’ free walker
- Equine Solarium sessions
- Microcurrent therapy sessions
- Nutrition consultations
- Hoof care consultations
- Blanket & Grain service
- Equine first aid lessons (leg wrapping, vitals, wound care, backcountry riding safety, etc).
- First access to appointments at our “Whole Horse Health Days” held three times per year where we bring in equine dentistry, osteopathy, thermal imaging, laser therapy and other professionals for a tune up for your horse!
Group Pasture Board Amenities: (Vacancy for 2 horses)
- 40 & 30 acre pastures
- Interior electric & pipe fencing
- 3-sided shelters and natural tree bluffs
- Salt & heated auto water
- 24/7 slow-feed bales for winter
- Straw bedding in winter
- Feeding stations cleared regularly all winter.
- $300/month plus GST
NEW for 2022: Private Pasture Board (Currently FULL)
- Private 2-acre pasture suitable for two to three horses (ideal for one owner with multiple horses!)
- 4-sided shelterbelt with an abundance of trees & rolling landscape and mini-forest for exploring
- Private insulated barn shelter
- Sand corral, heated auto waterer, salt
- Pasture grazing in summer and slow feed netted bales in winter
- Straw bedding in winter, corrals and feeding areas cleared monthly in winter
- 2 horses $700/month, 3 horses $1000/month, plus GST.
Paddock Board Amenities (Currently FULL)
- 60x100’ Private paddock
- Fully sheltered with windbreaks and south facing shelter
- Heated auto waterer
- Private 20x15’ insulated barn shelter with power & storage room
- Slow feed netted bale
- Pens cleaned bi-weekly in winter and daily in summer
- Best for 2 horses that live together as when the herds are out at pasture they can be out of sight
$400/month plus GST
Convalescent & Rehabilitation Board (Availability Varies)
We also offer short-term board for horses recovering from injury, or even for horses who are fit and competing, but maybe you want to hit the lake for the week and don’t want them to lose their edge! We can keep your horse conditioned on our free walker, spoil them with solarium and microcurrent sessions while you soak up the sun on your vacation!
Adelle has over 25 years experience with horses riding in both english and western, 12+ years’ experience boarding horses, and was a Certified Equine First Aid Instructor for four years.
I work from home therefore horses are checked multiple times per day and am also Certified Equine Kinesiology Taping Practitioner, Equine Craniosacral Practitioner, Nutrition and Hoof Care Consultant.
Prime Equine also has an ever-expanding offering of premium horse and rider products including:
Hansbo Sport Therapeutic Horse Wear
Sherwood Equine Slow Feed Bale Condoms
Healthi-Straw Dust Free Bedding
Dryshod Beyond Waterproof Chore Boots
Evolutionary Hoof Care Trimming Tools
Purica Equine & Canine Recovery
Technavet Galozyme Equine Sport
Veterinary and boarding references are available.