Equine Health & Emergency First Aid
Time & Location
About the Event
Giving up an entire Saturday can be hard! That is why we have decided to break up this INVALUABLE training in to two evening sessions!
Join us from 6-9 (ish) on Monday March 16, and Monday March 23 where we will cover all the same course content in bite size evenings, leaving your prescious weekends for weekend things!
Equine First Aid is the assistance provided to your horse, until you can arrange veterinary care, how to prepare your horse for transport to the vet; or in extreme circumstances when a veterinarian is not available - what you can do for your horse.
This fun and interactive day will cover:
- Rules of First Aid and your role
- How to take proper vital signs techniques and what to watch for
- Conditioning your horse to accept treatment
- Pain source identification
- Alleviating back pain
- Stretching for injury prevention
- Assessing lacerations and punctures
- Understanding basic anatomy
- Proper bandaging techniques
- Wound care
- Digestive distress - Colic, Ulcers, Choke & what you can do until the vet arrives
- Cast recovery, collapse, and shock
- Hoof issues – recognition of early intervention protocols
This course curriculum is developed by Board Certified Veterinarians, Certified Farriers, Equine Chiropractors and governed by Equi-Health Canada and is eligible for continuing education credits
All materials and equines are provided, just bring yourself, a chair and your lunch! Participants receive a comprehensive manual, and a certificate of completion.
- Equine Health & Emergency Firs$159$1590$0