This 2 hour virtual course is available for on demand viewing on Facebook. Please see the instructions below on how to access your course once purchased.
Do you know what a healthy hoof looks like? Do you know how to have a fact-based conversation with your trimmer? Does something seem off but you're just not sure what?
Whether you want to learn to trim yourself one day, identify red flags, or be better able to advocate for a change in the way your horse is trimmed - this course is for you!
Module 1 - Analyzing Hoof Anatomy:
- What are the structures of the foot, what role do they play in soundness.
- Micro-tips I have found over the years that are pinnacle to the overall structure of a healthy hoof.
- Common ailments and their impacts on the horse's body
- Identifying and assessing a hoof (flares, contracted heels, frog atrophy, digital cushion, negative plantar angles, underrun heels and more).
- Confirmation vs posture
Module 2 - To Shoe or Not to Shoe:
- Common problems with shoes and their root causes
- Shoe fit, perimeter vs structure, sizing and more
- Requirements for successful shoeing
- Transitioning out of shoes
- Barefoot trims vs shoe-prep trims - the difference.
- Tracking progress in trims and shoe cycles
Module 3 - The Importance of Diagnostics
- Types of diagnostics
- Tracking progress
- How to take proper photos for tracking
- Marking up photos to analyze change
- Radiographs, their importance, and tricks to ensure you receive quality images
Module 4 - The Responsibility of Horse Owners in Hoof Care
- Littlebit's story - the horse that got me into hoof care
- The role of nutrition in hoof care
- Creating the ideal hoof habitat
- Tools of the trade
- How you can learn to trim too - if you want to!
About the Instructor:
Adelle Stewart has been trimming horses for 5 years. She has a unique story about being forced to take hoof care into her own hands when her good saddle horse came up lame. With no obvious diagnostic as to why (after xrays, ultrasounds, MRI, etc) Adelle began to dig deeper and thought her mare's feet looked "weird." Despite being told they were "fine" - Adelle began to learn to trim herself by watching online videos, paying for a professional trimmer in Pennsylvania to mark up photos instructing here where to trim and help track her progress.
Adelle attended a symposium in 2018 at the WCVM with Dr. Robert Bowker, who advocated for everything Adelle had been taught so far.
She began sharing her knowledge and passion of hoof care with her customers and audience at Prime Equine. One rehabbed horse became 2, 3, 4 and more.
Her passion is for helping the average horse owner become exceptional, and understand as much about their horse as they can.
* Hoof Care For Horse Owners has been professionally reviewed by a farrier from Alberta, Canada.
HOW TO ACCESS THE ON DEMAND RECORDING:
Once you place your order, please search "Prime Equine Hoof Care For Horse Owners Virtual Course" and request to join.
Join with the email address that you used to place your order.
If you have any troubles finding the page, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on Facebook.